Hematology online through UC Berkeley's Extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Verbatim Disk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone have experience taking this online Hematology course at UCB? I was thinking about enrolling it in this week or next week, but I'm curious about the workload and how the online class is organized.
Is it a ton of busywork and anal grading-styles, or is it mostly studying on your own with midterms and an proctored final? I'm a little worried about the time investment since I'm also taking Immunology and another upper-division science course this semester.

Sorry, this would be my first time taking a course through UCB extension, as well as an online course.

I also noticed a few threads saying watch out for certain instructors. The instructor this term is Monica Ranes-Goldberg if anyone has experience with her.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! i am also looking to take this course online... did you hear back from anyone else outside of sdn??

Hello! i am also looking to take this course online... did you hear back from anyone else outside of sdn??

I'm also thinking of taking this course! Have you started it yet or heard anything about the instructor?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also thinking of taking this course! Have you started it yet or heard anything about the instructor?

Hi! This thread popped up just after I was giving a big thumbs up on another thread to Monica Ranes-Goldberg. I took her for the Advanced Biosciences course and am enrolled now in Hematology (also online). She is amazing! You will work very hard, but so will she. Her grading and feedback is prompt which is key in an online course so that you can move quickly when you need to, and she gives very clear and detailed comments.

Hi! This thread popped up just after I was giving a big thumbs up on another thread to Monica Ranes-Goldberg. I took her for the Advanced Biosciences course and am enrolled now in Hematology (also online). She is amazing! You will work very hard, but so will she. Her grading and feedback is prompt which is key in an online course so that you can move quickly when you need to, and she gives very clear and detailed comments.
Thanks for the reply! Is she a hard grader though?

Thanks for the reply! Is she a hard grader though?
She does expect a lot, but the expectations are very clear and fair. No trick questions. You have to be thorough and specific. She will give you enough feedback that if you miss points on one assignment, you will understand what you need to do to get full points on the next one.

I want to know did you read the assigned chapters to do well or just sticking to the posted materials are okay?