Hernia Surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jfitzpat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I swore in on August 14th. I had hernia surgery in late June and didn't disclose until I was signing the paperwork. The hernia and subsequent surgery were after my trip to MEPS and I never thought to tell them. The guys there made it sound like no problem (don't recruiters always), but I'm worried that they will take forever thinking about it and they deny me after it is too late to get any loans. Anyone have a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

So I swore in on August 14th. I had hernia surgery in late June and didn't disclose until I was signing the paperwork. The hernia and subsequent surgery were after my trip to MEPS and I never thought to tell them. The guys there made it sound like no problem (don't recruiters always), but I'm worried that they will take forever thinking about it and they deny me after it is too late to get any loans. Anyone have a similar experience?

Unless you have complications, and by now you would have noticed them, there is no problem.

Make note of it on your next annual heath verification.

Members don't see this ad :)
I need to get a DODMERB physical prior to commissioning, but currently have a broken bone.

Should I wait till it is healed up to get the physical, or just drive on and note it during my physical?

Thanks

I need to get a DODMERB physical prior to commissioning, but currently have a broken bone.

Should I wait till it is healed up to get the physical, or just drive on and note it during my physical?

Thanks

Temporary condition. Should not cause an issue.