Hey everyone! new here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD1Day

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone! I'm lindsay, a pre-med biology student. I'm not sure yet exactly what i want to practice, but some of my interests are derm, neuro, ob/gyn, and plastic & reconstructive...also kinda think carioology..maybe.

Right now i live in WV...a very small place, but i like it. It's actually not to bad here as long as your in the City....don't beileve ALL the rumours you hear about it :) After school i'll probably go to either NY (upstate), South Carolina, or Georgia.

In my spare time i enjoy boxing and kickboxing...i've also been into some brazillian jiu-jitsu. It's a great way to keep in shape and REALLY helps me unload anything i'm stresing about. I also love animals...i was actually pre-vet med in the beginning, but the more i looked into everything i decided to go MD instead of DVM.

I actually just put in an application at a hospital to do some volunteering...and i'm pretty excited about that, wish me luck!

Anyways...i look forward to meeting you all!
[/SIZE]

Members don't see this ad.

Like..ok..that's so neat! Great to meet ya Lind-say. I am into shopping and boyyyysss..And tube socks. k , laterzz. :laugh:

Welcome to SDN. I live next door to you in good 'ol VA :)

MD1Day said:
hey everyone! I'm lindsay, a pre-med biology student. I'm not sure yet exactly what i want to practice, but some of my interests are derm, neuro, ob/gyn, and plastic & reconstructive...also kinda think carioology..maybe.

Right now i live in WV...a very small place, but i like it. It's actually not to bad here as long as your in the City....don't beileve ALL the rumours you hear about it :) After school i'll probably go to either NY (upstate), South Carolina, or Georgia.

In my spare time i enjoy boxing and kickboxing...i've also been into some brazillian jiu-jitsu. It's a great way to keep in shape and REALLY helps me unload anything i'm stresing about. I also love animals...i was actually pre-vet med in the beginning, but the more i looked into everything i decided to go MD instead of DVM.

I actually just put in an application at a hospital to do some volunteering...and i'm pretty excited about that, wish me luck!

[/SIZE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to SDN also. Your intro thread is def the most interesting one that I ever read here and it is so purple :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone! ;)

MD1Day said:

[/SIZE]

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

MD1Day said:

[/SIZE]

I didn't read your whole post, but do you want to make out or something?

willthatsall said:

If you're not interested in what i have to say, then most likely "no" :laugh:

[stalker]Ambidextrous huh? That's pretty cool.[/stalker]

Kazema said:
[stalker]Ambidextrous huh? That's pretty cool.[/stalker]

OK, the whole "stalker" thing freaks me out... :eek:

MD1Day said:
OK, the whole "stalker" thing freaks me out... :eek:

guys, calm down....

lindsay, welcome to sdn...nobody is used to reading peppy introductory spiels like that, so all the little boys are over-reacting :laugh:

but, seriously, welcome to our neurotic and (actually) very supportive online community :thumbup:

riceman04 said:
Oh, but I am interested!

Glad to hear your interested ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Lindsay,

Welcome to SDN.

I think that was the first intro I have ever seen on SDN.

Folks around here kid a lot but they are (mostly) harmless.

You'll get great advice, just don't take anything too personally.

wetlightning said:
guys, calm down....

lindsay, welcome to sdn...nobody is used to reading peppy introductory spiels like that, so all the little boys are over-reacting :laugh:

but, seriously, welcome to our neurotic and (actually) very supportive online community :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome!! :) I'm warning you all now..if you thought my intro was peppy, you may get sick of me...i tend to be overly-optimistic about everything, and rarely get in bad moods. The entire world could be on fire, and i would just be happy that no one was freezing to death :rolleyes:

thanks, again, for the welcome!

sunnyjohn said:
Hi Lindsay,

Welcome to SDN.

I think that was the first intro I have ever seen on SDN.

Folks around here kid a lot but they are (mostly) harmless.

You'll get great advice, just don't take anything too personally.

Thank you! don't worry...i never take anything personally! ;)

And i'm glad my intro was your first
:)

MD1Day said:
Thanks for the welcome!! :) I'm warning you all now..if you thought my intro was peppy, you may get sick of me...i tend to be overly-optimistic about everything, and rarely get in bad moods. The entire world could be on fire, and i would just be happy that no one was freezing to death :rolleyes:

thanks, again, for the welcome!

Never in a bad mood? :thumbup: Just to warn you, you will get addicted to this site like cocaine...i was "new" to this place several weeks ago and now I need a hit of SDN everyday...like six to seven times a day...seems so bad but feels so good....ahhh SDN :p

wetlightning said:
guys, calm down....

I take serious offense to the "little boys" reference in your post. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :mad:

FutureOrthoDoc said:
I take serious offense to the "little boys" reference in your post. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :mad:

joke, joke! :eek:

willthatsall said:

lol

welcome to sdn!

hopefulneuro said:
Like..ok..that's so neat! Great to meet ya Lind-say. I am into shopping and boyyyysss..And tube socks. k , laterzz. :laugh:

ewww...don't be so mean. lindsay, welcome. i liked your intro...it made me smile. :thumbup:

MD1Day said:
Glad to hear your interested ;)

haha, when did sdn turn into a dating service? hmm, i guess stranger things have happened. :laugh:

MD1Day said:
...i tend to be overly-optimistic about everything, and rarely get in bad moods.

The medical term for that is hyperthymia.

In my opinion, its something great to have!!

MD1Day said:
hey everyone! I'm lindsay, a pre-med biology student.
Welcome to SDN, Lindsay!

I'm not especially fond of the purple lettering, but your avatar makes up for it. :p
CTG said:
haha, when did sdn turn into a dating service? hmm, i guess stranger things have happened. :laugh:
SDN = Student Dating Network :D

You'd be surprised at the # of hookups courtesy of the Lounge. I know that two individuals who met through SDN recently got engaged! :eek:

Phil Anthropist said:
Welcome to SDN, Lindsay!

I'm not especially fond of the purple lettering, but your avatar makes up for it. :p

You'd be surprised at the # of hookups courtesy of the Lounge. I know that two individuals who met through SDN recently got engaged! :eek:

haha who needs match.com when you have SDN

what year in college are you lindsay?

CTG said:

LOL...let's hope it dosen't turn into that, My fiance would probably be a little upset. :laugh:

Phil Anthropist said:
Welcome to SDN, Lindsay!

Thanks for the welcome...i'll try to refrain from using purple around you from now on ;)

how do you feel about blue? :)

byeh2004 said:
what year in college are you lindsay?

Going into my junior this fall...but I'll probably be graduating at least one semester early ( AKA I'm the dork who to all Honors & took at least one class every summer )

hopefulneuro said:

HAHHAHAHA

haha damn, but if that is your real pic, I would be shocked if you weren't :laugh:

MD1Day said:
LOL...let's hope it dosen't turn into that, My fiance would probably be a little upset. :laugh:

Phil Anthropist said:

seriously??? :eek: who are they? :confused:

Psycho Doctor said:
seriously??? :eek: who are they? :confused:

Actually there two people on the rSDN site that met through SDN. They went by the usernames Chris and Hethera. The two of them are now married with a child.

I was told by another poster who is a dual poster of rSDN and SDN that there have been many many many hook ups between people meeting through SDN.

You'd be quite surprised.

gujuDoc said:
Actually there two people on the rSDN site that met through SDN. They went by the usernames Chris and Hethera. The two of them are now married with a child.

I was told by another poster who is a dual poster of rSDN and SDN that there have been many many many hook ups between people meeting through SDN.

You'd be quite surprised.
what is rSDN?

i never heard of it or those posters. How long have you been around to know so much?

Psycho Doctor said:
what is rSDN?

i never heard of it or those posters. How long have you been around to know so much?

I'll pm you with the answer to that question. Check your PMs.

gujuDoc said:
I'll pm you with the answer to that question. Check your PMs.
PM me too!

What is rSDN????

Now I kinda want to know too.