Hey yall.. If my university grades on a A=4.0 B=3.0 scale and 90-100 is an A, etc...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted729091

Then will med schools know the difference? My transcript is only letter grades from my understanding. Then the gpa is calulated by each letter grade getting a certain number of point. No inbetweens. So hypothetically could I get a 91 or a 99, and to all/some med schools it will look the same? My understanding is that either way an A is given on my transcript.. And 4 points per credit hour at my uni(resulting in a 4.0 gpa for the course)?

I understand the caliber of the school giving the gpa is a factor.

And that it doesn't matter all that much... Don't get mad at me for asking lol!!! Im sure this has been asked a million times but my search just never came up with what I'm looking for.

I'm just curious if I'm misunderstanding something about the process. Thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

You are correct. They will only see the letter grade that appears on your transcript, not the percentage you got in the class.

Yep, always shoot for the 89.5 and you can save tons of time wasted on trying to be uselessly perfect ;)