hi plz help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omid azim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
im starting my first year at tehrans MD school but i want to carry on my studies in US do any of you know what i have to do? i mean do you know any links on the internet about htis?? and one more thing? how much does the uni cost in US and how many years do you have to study? i would be very great full if you help me.thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Most medical colleges in the US are 4 years in length after university; there are however, some which offer 6-7 year programs right out of high school.

Most US medical schools require the following courses at the university level for admission:

1 year General Chemistry with lab
1 Year Organic Chemistry with lab
1 Year General Biology with lab
1 Year General Physics with lab
1 Year English

Others may additionally require Biochemistry, Calculus, etc. The vast majority of US medical students have a Bachelor's degree when they matriculate into a 4 year program.

I am unsure as to whether you are inquiring about continuing your studies in the US as an undergraduate medical student or as a resident. Both routes are rather difficult although the latter is less difficult than the former. The cost of a medical education in the US varies, but international students are only accepted in any significant numbers at private colleges which generally charge upwards of $20,000 USD per year in tuition. Some schools require international students to set up a trust fund with 4 years of tuition and living expenses because you are not eligible for US governmental aid. Obviously this can be a substantial sum of money.

Bear in mind that the ability to transfer into a 4 year US college of medical education as an upperclassman (ie, 3rd year) will be exceedingly difficult if not impossible for an international, non-US citizen student. Most schools restrict entry to US citizens, those with significant ties to the university or other strong reasons for being at that school.

Because this topic has been discussed at length, I'll direct you to do a search of this forum to find further information on the subject.

Best of luck to you. :D