hola soy hondurena y nesecito ayuda! porfavor!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catracha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To everyone,
My name is Lilian and I am a premed student at a U.S university. I know you said you wanted to speak to doctors but I really need your advice. Please read my story and tell me if I have a slight possibility to go to medical school.
I was born in Honduras and migrated to the US when I was 15 years old. Ever since I remember I always wanted to be a doctor and I new that if I studied really hard this dream would eventually come true. But this dream was shattered five years ago, when I got into a confrontation with one of my close friend. I thought she was a good friend but little did I know that she would hurt me the way she did. After the confrontation she called the police and filed a false police report against me. At the time I was only 19 years old and have only been in the US for four years. I of course wanted to fight the charges against me but I could not because of my legal status and my English was very poor. I could not afford a private lawyer so I had a state lawyer represent me. This lawyer advice me to plead guilty to the charges because if I wanted to fight the charges I would be putting my self at risk for deportation. Years past and I continue my education, now I am a junior in college and I am getting ready to take the MCAT. Since I know I need hospital experience last week I went to my local hospital and filled an application to become a volunteer. But to my surprise they dined my application because of the charges I have. Only till last week did I realized the impact those charges had in my life. Now I am devastated and can’t stop crying. I feel that my dream is gone and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I am not a bad person I‘ve never been in trouble with the law before.
I am trying to get this charges expunge from my record but I am still very scared I don’t know what to do! I don’t want to quit but school is going to start very soon for me and I just don’t even know if is worth my time to continue. My husband is in medical school so I now what I am getting my self into. I really loved this profession and like I said before ever since I remember I always wanted to be a doctor.
I am sorry to have to bother guys but I am desperate and very sad and anything that you guys could tell me would be very helpful.
Thank you, :( :( :(
Lilian

Members don't see this ad.

catracha said:
To everyone,
My name is Lilian and I am a premed student at a U.S university. I know you said you wanted to speak to doctors but I really need your advice. Please read my story and tell me if I have a slight possibility to go to medical school.
I was born in Honduras and migrated to the US when I was 15 years old. Ever since I remember I always wanted to be a doctor and I new that if I studied really hard this dream would eventually come true. But this dream was shattered five years ago, when I got into a confrontation with one of my close friend. I thought she was a good friend but little did I know that she would hurt me the way she did. After the confrontation she called the police and filed a false police report against me. At the time I was only 19 years old and have only been in the US for four years. I of course wanted to fight the charges against me but I could not because of my legal status and my English was very poor. I could not afford a private lawyer so I had a state lawyer represent me. This lawyer advice me to plead guilty to the charges because if I wanted to fight the charges I would be putting my self at risk for deportation. Years past and I continue my education, now I am a junior in college and I am getting ready to take the MCAT. Since I know I need hospital experience last week I went to my local hospital and filled an application to become a volunteer. But to my surprise they dined my application because of the charges I have. Only till last week did I realized the impact those charges had in my life. Now I am devastated and can’t stop crying. I feel that my dream is gone and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I am not a bad person I‘ve never been in trouble with the law before.
I am trying to get this charges expunge from my record but I am still very scared I don’t know what to do! I don’t want to quit but school is going to start very soon for me and I just don’t even know if is worth my time to continue. My husband is in medical school so I now what I am getting my self into. I really loved this profession and like I said before ever since I remember I always wanted to be a doctor.
I am sorry to have to bother guys but I am desperate and very sad and anything that you guys could tell me would be very helpful.
Thank you, :( :( :(
Lilian

Lilian:

I am assuming that the state in which these charges were filed qualify as a felony, or involved a weapon or threats with a weapon. My suggestion is to confer with an attorney and review your options at that point. People in med school come from many different backgrounds, but you need to get legal advice to see what you can do. Make sure to ask the attorney about licensing too, because on that application you have to include any criminal events. Hang in there, stay positive, and get the information you need from the appropriate people.

Wook