Home Depot was founded by a pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rph3664

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found that out earlier today. Interesting.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Coca Cola and Dr. Pepper... both pharmacist inventions.

Coca Cola and Dr. Pepper... both pharmacist inventions.

And root beer extract, and portable infusion pumps.

And a vice president was a pharmacist. I don't quite remember for which president.

And root beer extract, and portable infusion pumps.

And a vice president was a pharmacist. I don't quite remember for which president.

Hubert Horatio Humphrey 38th Vice President of the United States.

:rofl:

The new orleans ghost tour taught me that the first serial killer was a pharmacist.

H. H. Holmes, the serial killer who stalked victims at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. There's a book about it called "The Devil in the White City".

Ever heard of Scoville units, a measure of heat in peppers? That was created by a pharmacist named Scoville.

He must have went to one of these diploma mill schools and couldn't find a job

:laugh:

He didn't go to a pharmacy school at all; you didn't have to back then. He got a certificate through an apprenticeship - and then stole from the person he apprenticed with. Don't remember if he killed him too, but he made his living through identity theft, and didn't hesitate to kill anyone who got in his way.

Hubert Horatio Humphrey 38th Vice President of the United States.

H. H. Holmes, the serial killer who stalked victims at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. There's a book about it called "The Devil in the White City".

Hubert Horatio Humphrey, H. H. Holmes...I couldn't help but noticed the H's.

Quite a few pharmacy schools were founded by pharmacists as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Chipotle was founded by a pharmacist!

Real Pharmacist in action

scarfacealpacinolittlef.jpg

Chipotle wasn't founded by a pharmacist, the founder's father is a "pharmaceutical executive"

The best pharmacy clerk to ever swing a golf club

jacknicklauswithfather.jpg

Amanda Seyfried's pop is a hospital pharmacist in Pennsylvania and mum is I believe a respiratory therapist at the same hospital. Also read dad made a misfill and was reprimanded by the Board of Pharmacy there, but he did his fines/continuing education and has remained a dutiful staff member at his hospital.

Ricki Lake's dad is a pharmacist, I think for an independent pharmacy of his own?

I live in CA buy not a Californian. I hate this state.

I do drink ginger ale....drink of choice on flights....never knew there was another brand.

Vernor's! Could it be that you Californians don't have it? :eek:

images

I grew up on this stuff :love:
Not many places have it. Buffalo and Rochester grocery stores carry it, but only 1-2 restaurants I've been to actually serve it. I prefer it over Canada Dry, although I don't really drink that much ginger ale anyway.

Blasphemy! I never knew that...

I've never tried to order it at restaurants, but like Z, it's my go-to on flights.

Blasphemy! I never knew that...

I've never tried to order it at restaurants, but like Z, it's my go-to on flights.
Best bet is places that use cans, rather than fountain beverages. I don't think I've ever seen Vernor's in a fountain before. I mainly get it at fish fry places.