Home Infusion Pharmacist Feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Codegreyk

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I work in retail for 2 years now, applied for many jobs, I got called for an interview for a Home infusion pharmacist position. I am looking for advice from pharmacists that are currently working this position, how is the move from retail to this position? Is it easier? What’s your experience so far? Tips for the interview.

Your feedback is really appreciated.

peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think you can compare the daily functions to retail since it's a completely different type of environment. I personally think home infusion is based on more teamwork (pharmacy and non pharmacy) compared to retail or hospital. There are a lot of details you need to understand to perform the job adequately, but they wouldn't expect you to know much about it beforehand. My interview was pretty laid back and only included the basic teamwork and time management questions. Brushing up on usp 797 would be a good idea in case its mentioned during your interview. I'd definitely ask about their on call schedule - if it isn't already detailed in the job description. Where I work, we have one weeknight each week and one weekend a month on call but I've heard some places have one rph on call for a whole week at a time.

Good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 1 user