Hong Kong High Schooler with US Qualifications

jessjchan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I'm a local Hong Kong resident with an Australian passport but I study at an international American school (with SATs and APs). I'm interested in applying to the University of Hong Kong, Chinese University of Hong Kong and a bunch of UK unis through UCAS. I'm a rising high school senior and graduate in June of 2012.

The problem is, I hold only the SATs and APs so I have to apply through the NonJUPAS system. I've sent emails to both schools regarding admission enquiries but both unis have replied telling me to ask at a later date -_-

Can someone who has had the same experience give me some advice? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you haven't done so already, I would post this question on College Confidential, where you will probably get more responses. Good luck!

talk.collegeconfidential.com

I just finished the admissions cycle for this year and what i can tell you is that most schools aren't ready to answer questions for prospective students until late july/early aug. Depending on the school you are applying to, You might have to take the TOEFL, ACT or SAT (depending on your strengths), and subject tests. Since you are an international student , you need to make sure that you are in close contact with your admissions counselors. If I were you right now, I would decide which entrance exam to take and start studying prep materials. Do your OWN research because people can and will lead you astray.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Word of caution: It is much more difficult to apply to a US medical school as an international student, especially if you obtain your degree from a non-US undergrad.

Hey, thanks everyone! I want to practice in Hong Kong (so I won't really look at US colleges) and I do have the SAT. The schools here don't require any entrance exams... but by the time I apply, I will have taken the IELTS and the UKCAT (British medical entrance exam) - I'm also applying to the UK.
Thanks again!