About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honors in Clerkships for Those Who Have Matched?

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery' started by billybob746, Apr 25, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. billybob746

billybob746

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hello All,

For those who have matched in recent years, how many honors grades (out of 7 major clerkships...Medicine/Surgery/Peds/OB-GYN/Psych/Neurology/Outpatient Med/Others) did you have during 3rd year?

Thanks so much!
  2. PRS

PRS

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I took neurology as a 4th year so it didn't matter for me. I high-passed (our school does a H/HP/P/LP) medicine and family medicine. H on the rest.

I think the bottom line is you have to honor surgery, and ideally make AOA. Some plastic surgery programs weigh honors in medicine more than others.
  3. Fatherxmas

Fatherxmas

Medical Student
    Medicine was my first clerkship and the only one I didn't honor. I'm not AOA. I'd also echo that honoring surgery IS A MUST.
  4. etf

etf Moderator Emeritus

SDN 7+ Year Member
    it seems like in prs there's 10 people for every spot that have honored everything, are junior aoa, etc..:eek:
  5. Livin The Dream

Livin The Dream Just Livin' the Dream

Resident [Any Field]
    You didn't AOA, oh no Fatherxmas! :)
  6. PRS

PRS

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    There was one program where the PD told me that a honors in family medicine actually hurt your application.