hospice pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wickedone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to start one up?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you're in a big city with a huge hospice program, or you contract with multiple services, it wouldn't be worth your time to start up a pharmacy that does exclusively this. Most of the time, hospice will contract with a local pharmacy, or the hospital, and have provisions for 24-hour coverage.

I worked at a closed door pharmacy that delivered to SNF and hospice facilities. If you have a friend or know someone who owns a facility you can ask them to use you. When I worked at the closed door pharmacy, the owner would have meetings with the owners of facilities and would cut them in on the profit which was illegal but it brought people in. I quit once I saw the transactions take place. My friend buys nursing homes and flips them and uses a specific closed door pharmacy because they provide great customer service and he is trying to flip so he needs a legitimate pharmacy to provide the services. You can try to build a great reputation and find a nursing home flipper to use you and your good. Just be aware. Closed door pharmacy is a dirty business with bribe money going to owners of facilities, so be prepared to play that game.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean, flips nursing homes? Does he buy substandard homes and upgrades them, or what?

i dont know how he does it but his brother is an MD and knows this other MD who buys nursing homes that are not doing so well and are for sale. They retrain staff, rehire staff and clean up the place to fill up all the beds and resells the facility. Its a lot of work but I was asked to join but I dont find this to be fun as a side gig.