Hospital APPE project

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawaii1234

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am in need of some great ideas for a project I am doing for my hospital APPE. What do you think are some pharmacy areas of improvement for central hospital pharmacists? I am thinking of choosing a topic (Ex. efficacy of DOACs and ensuring adherence) and seeing how the data differs from the hospital I am currently at (ex. why pts on DOACs are in the hospital) and then how pharmacy can increase adherence (ex. switching from apixaban to dabigatran with a 340b program, giving medication guides to pts, speaking with pts and their families directly, use of anticoagulant clinics). Thoughts/ideas? :)
Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you in Hawaii? Your time would be better spent surfing.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I am in need of some great ideas for a project I am doing for my hospital APPE. What do you think are some pharmacy areas of improvement for central hospital pharmacists? I am thinking of choosing a topic (Ex. efficacy of DOACs and ensuring adherence) and seeing how the data differs from the hospital I am currently at (ex. why pts on DOACs are in the hospital) and then how pharmacy can increase adherence (ex. switching from apixaban to dabigatran with a 340b program, giving medication guides to pts, speaking with pts and their families directly, use of anticoagulant clinics). Thoughts/ideas? :)
Thank you!!!!
What about gather drug information from a physician on a form known as P&T formulary request, collaborate on this project with the physician or ask for his or his department's input and present work up at P&T committee.