Hospital Pharm Tech Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alex247

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a job offer for a pharm tech position at a hospital. This would be my first hospital position as Ive worked retail in the past. I am required to work 3 shifts per week or 20 hrs minimum (evening). The thing is I will be starting pharmacy school in the fall. I really think it might me difficult to have that job and go to school but its hard to pass up on a hospital position since they are so hard to get. Should i take the job and deal with stress and just suck it up or should I decline and hopefully wait for another opportunity that will work with my school schedule. Any advice appreciated.

I also am hoping to work as a staff pharmacist at a hospital when I graduate

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If possible, I would look into getting an intern position. Many institutions accommodate interns by placing them on contingent status and having them work fewer hours, at least in my area.

That being said, having hospital tech experience is a great gateway to securing an intern position. The best strategy may be working as a tech while looking for intern opportunities. It will be challenging no doubt, to balance work and study until you find that intern job. In the end, all that matters is that you pass your classes while learning about being a good pharmacist. Work experience reigns king over other extracurricular activities, so I would focus on that until you can easily handle your core priorities.