Hospital Tech/Intern Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Montefiore Medical Center next Tuesday. Should I dress up the same way I dressed up for the CVS interview (slacks and a button up shirt), or like the way I dressed up for the pharmacy school interview (suit). Although, its very likely that I'm also going to be doing my Hospital IPPE and APPEs at Montefiore, my clinical/therapeutics professor (favorite professor) is a pharmacist there, so I have a pretty good reference to bank on. And I have a classmate that works there as well.

I wore a suit to an interview I had at New York Presbyterian Hospital and I felt like I dressed up way too much when I saw the way the pharmacists were dressed there (t-shirt + jeans). I don't think I'm getting the New York Presbyterian job since they think it might be too much of a commute for me, even though I'm willing to drive to Westchester, and I don't have any week day availability for training.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at Montefiore Medical Center next Tuesday. Should I dress up the same way I dressed up for the CVS interview (slacks and a button up shirt), or like the way I dressed up for the pharmacy school interview (suit). Although, its very likely that I'm also going to be doing my Hospital IPPE and APPEs at Montefiore, my clinical/therapeutics professor (favorite professor) is a pharmacist there, so I have a pretty good reference to bank on. And I have a classmate that works there as well.

I wore a suit to an interview I had at New York Presbyterian Hospital and I felt like I dressed up way too much when I saw the way the pharmacists were dressed there (t-shirt + jeans). I don't think I'm getting the New York Presbyterian job since they think it might be too much of a commute for me, even though I'm willing to drive to Westchester, and I don't have any week day availability for training.

Suit all the way...better to err on the side of caution.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it alright to wear a red shirt or a blue shirt?

Well, the traditional "power combo" is dark suit, white shirt and red tie. That being said, you shouldn't have a problem going with blue or red as long as they're not too bold. Wear a conservative sort of tie if you're going with a non-traditional shirt.