Hospitalist to Endocrinology fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ymh40

Reaction score
I am hospitalist (Nocturnist) 2 years out of residency, I don’t think this is sustainable for me in the long run and would like to apply to Endocrinology July 2023,
I only have one case report in my CV. I haven’t
thought I would apply to fellowship ever.

I’m IMG. Will have Green card when I apply. My question is what should I do until then to make my CV look better? Do I have time if I want to add more research or should I wait for another year to apply?

I appreciate any advice, thank you

Members don't see this ad.

just apply. yall only need pulse to match to endocrine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am hospitalist (Nocturnist) 2 years out of residency, I don’t think this is sustainable for me in the long run and would like to apply to Endocrinology July 2023,
I only have one case report in my CV. I haven’t
thought I would apply to fellowship ever.

I’m IMG. Will have Green card when I apply. My question is what should I do until then to make my CV look better? Do I have time if I want to add more research or should I wait for another year to apply?

I appreciate any advice, thank you
Endocrine and you shouldn’t have any issues per se… apply widely and broadly… if you know you have an interest in a certain area, then talk about it in you PS.

Since you are applying for next year, consider going to endo society and/or aace next year and submit a poster to get some additional visibility.

If you can find someone to work with to do a research project that could be published in time that would help with making you stand out.

Why do you want to do endocrine though? As an escape from hospitalist work? Those that go into endocrine mostly do it because they like the specialty… they money is generally less than what you would make as a hospitalist and there are headaches in endocrine as well…

Endocrine and you shouldn’t have any issues per se… apply widely and broadly… if you know you have an interest in a certain area, then talk about it in you PS.

Since you are applying for next year, consider going to endo society and/or aace next year and submit a poster to get some additional visibility.

If you can find someone to work with to do a research project that could be published in time that would help with making you stand out.

Why do you want to do endocrine though? As an escape from hospitalist work? Those that go into endocrine mostly do it because they like the specialty… they money is generally less than what you would make as a hospitalist and there are headaches in endocrine as well…
Thanks for the advice. I had interest in Endocrine before but thought I’ll be content with hospital medicine. It turned out I’m not, For so many reasons I don’t like it but at the same time I like the physiology and pathology of Endocrine. I’m pretty sure with its headaches will be better option. I’ll just go for it