Houston CS experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedsdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in giving their input about their CS experiences in Houston? I take mine in a couple of weeks and wondering what to expect.

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

pedsdoc said:
Anyone interested in giving their input about their CS experiences in Houston? I take mine in a couple of weeks and wondering what to expect.

thanks in advance

Yea, I took mine back on 9/16... and six weeks latter I'm still waiting for the results. My experience was very similar to other people's experiences at other testing site (I think BigFrank and Scholes had some nice posts about their experiences awhile back).

It's stressful but you'll get through it. The actors were surprisingly good and they all had one “challenging question”. I did Step 2cs by First Aid and practiced a couple of cases with a buddy. Some of the FA case were almost identical to the test cases. DigitalDoc's website also has some good advice as well.

Oh! You may want to back a lunch, since your $960 buys you a tuna fish sandwich. :barf:

I was trying to find my post about the Houston experience, but since the Search function is currently down....

Basically it was an easy test and all the SPs were friendly and cooperative. Although the "free meal" sucked, the proctors were friendly and answered questions thoughtfully. Make sure you stay at a hotel that offers a shuttle to the center because the actual building doesn't have huge hot pink bubble letters screaming "STEP 2 CS CENTER HERE". It looked like a damn bank. You'll see what I mean.

Wait until you see how long the hallway is that links all 24 patient rooms. Wowza

(If the search function returns soon, I'll post the link to my original post, since I can't remember most of the info that you're looking for)

I took the Houston step 2 CS on oct 21. I thought that some of the SPs were actually a little weak, while some were very good. There were a handful that I thought were just not at all acting like a real patient would, in terms of interacting and telling/witholding information.

The food was pretty mediocre. Bring some food for yourself. The proctors are very nice and helpful. the parking is covered.

Members don't see this ad :)
my exam was pretty tough..4 neuro cases damn it..one of them was just out of this world..hope it was an experimental..had one dude that was angry and hard to calm him down..overall..4 tough patients..1 didnt get time to finish..and 1 messed up note..hopefully they are lenient..not a tough exam if you study a solid week..

ear-ache said:
Yea, I took mine back on 9/16... and six weeks latter I'm still waiting for the results. My experience was very similar to other people's experiences at other testing site (I think BigFrank and Scholes had some nice posts about their experiences awhile back).

It's stressful but you'll get through it. The actors were surprisingly good and they all had one “challenging question”. I did Step 2cs by First Aid and practiced a couple of cases with a buddy. Some of the FA case were almost identical to the test cases. DigitalDoc's website also has some good advice as well.

Oh! You may want to back a lunch, since your $960 buys you a tuna fish sandwich. :barf:

Just found out yesterday that I passed that SOB.