Hoverboard Injuries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

narcusprince

Rough Rider
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
With the new hoverboards out there I wonder if you guys have seen any closed head injuries from them? Im sure 3-6 months you will.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you seen Idiocracy? I feel like that's what's happening with medicine.

I honestly feel the majority of the patients we treat, we're just hindering what natural selection intended to accomplish.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm surprised there aren't more injuries from people hitting hoverboard riders in their punchable faces. I don't know what it is, but seeing someone on one of those things really makes me instantly hate them for no good reason.

Reactions: 3 users
Have any of you seen Idiocracy? I feel like that's what's happening with medicine.

I honestly feel the majority of the patients we treat, we're just hindering what natural selection intended to accomplish.
That movie is frighteningly accurate. Terrible movie overall, but a few of their far-fetched ideas don't seem too far-fetched anymore.

Mike Tyson just had a hoverboard mishap. It'd be a shame if he took a blow to the head and couldn't make any more Mike Tyson Mysteries episodes.
I applaud Mike Tyson. Prison stints, terrible personal life, boxing career, even through all the drama he still is reinvents himself and is still quite popular!

That movie is frighteningly accurate. Terrible movie overall, but a few of their far-fetched ideas don't seem too far-fetched anymore.

What part of Idiocracy was a movie? I thought it was a documentary.

Reactions: 1 users
Assisted with an ankle fx the other day. 6'5 290lb lineman...taken out by a hover board.

Hoverboards are like Segways' gay little brother
supergay.gif

Two epidurals in my buddy's PICU, I've seen two bad kid fractures and an adult SDH, and another thread in the EM forum with some cases that didn't make the ORs.