How am I looking so far? Soph yr.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Riseupttc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, here it goes. I am a current (white female) sophomore at a large state university. My major is Biology/Pre-Med with a minor in Chemistry. I had a 3.75 GPA before I transferred to the school I am at currently. My grades did not transfer, just my credits, so I technically have a 0.0. However, I am fairly certain I will receive a 4.0 this semester. I am an Honors Student, and am a member of a political organization, Phi Delta Epsilon, Young Physicians, and a group against Child's cancer. I am taking 17 credit hours and my classes for this semester are as follows: Genetics, Organic Chemistry I, Honors Sociology, Statistics I&II, Spanish. I have volunteer hours at many medical and non-medical related charities. I am scheduled to shadow a surgeon at a local hospital this winter break, and am guaranteed a 40-50 hours a week internship at a large bio-engineering company doing research. Also, I am a STNA (CNA in some parts) with work and clinical experience. I participate every year in the Relay for Life and March for Life. I am taking MCAT prep classes next year. My Honors Senior project is pending. I am hoping to do something with a group of other Pre-Med students to raise money to be able to train aspiring Doctors in third-world countries.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

FYI, AMCAS will request all transcripts from every institution you have attended after high school and grades from each will be calculated into your summary.

Don't let a minor ruin your gpa.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, AMCAS will request all transcripts from every institution you have attended since high school and grades from each will be calculated into your summary.

Don't let a minor ruin your gpa.

My high school grades were near perfect, And I have never gotten below a solid B ever. :xf: