How Are All The Bu Waitlisters Doing Out There

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wantBU2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. Just Want To Know How Anyone On The Bu Waitlist Is Feeling. I Haven't Heard Anything And It Is Already June. Anyone Heard (good, Bad Or Ugly?) Just Thought We Would Try To Keep Eachother Updated. Good Luck With All The Waitlists.

Bu?

Members don't see this ad.

wantBU2009 said:
Hey Guys. Just Want To Know How Anyone On The Bu Waitlist Is Feeling. I Haven't Heard Anything And It Is Already June. Anyone Heard (good, Bad Or Ugly?) Just Thought We Would Try To Keep Eachother Updated. Good Luck With All The Waitlists.

Bu?

Hey - I'm in the same position...haven't heard anything at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
hang in there, i got my waitlist notification last year like june 7th. bu interviewed lots of applicants this year too which helps your chances, but the yield is also better this year so far...

guys i called today and the lady told me there has been absolutely no movement whatsoever. i dont know if they are a bit behind or is that just really bad...she also said all u can do is wait it out..that's about it

when I called them they said that they don't even giver out any acceptances from the waitlist until june first week. So maybe we'll hear this week?

aaroncw1981 said:
ok update?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just got in today off the waitlist! :thumbup: hopefully others had the same good news.

congrats---

how did you find out

email? phone? both

wantBU2009 said:
congrats---

how did you find out

email? phone? both

Thanks! I got a phone call around noon yesterday. Hopefully you'll get one of those soon as well. :thumbup:

congrats...hopefully it'll start moving

Members don't see this ad :)
aaroncw1981 said:

just to let you all know...I was told by the Dean that apparently waitlist movement this year has been extremely slow and at the current moment the class is full. If you are on the waitlist and have made a final decision about going somewhere else, it is really important that you notify them. Thats basically all they could say right now.

thank you for that information. we will have to stay stong.

do you have a good relationship with the dean, because he has nothing to tell me?

thanks agian

wantBU2009 said:
thank you for that information. we will have to stay stong.

do you have a good relationship with the dean, because he has nothing to tell me?

thanks agian

Has anyone called the admissions office this week? Any news would be greatly appreciated :)

What is the good word team?

thanks

aaroncw1981 said:
What is the good word team?

thanks

I heard someone got in 6/15 (GMS person)...so it seems like there is some very, very slow movement. Maybe one of us will get lucky soon :) All I've heard is that they have lots of acceptances this year, so we just have to wait.

I got off the waiting list on June 24th. I thought there was no chance but I kept sending them letters and telling them why I wanted to go to BU. There's still hope...
Good luck! Hope to see you in the fall!

oocyte said:
I heard someone got in 6/15 (GMS person)...so it seems like there is some very, very slow movement. Maybe one of us will get lucky soon :) All I've heard is that they have lots of acceptances this year, so we just have to wait.

avolerman said:
I got off the waiting list on June 24th. I thought there was no chance but I kept sending them letters and telling them why I wanted to go to BU. There's still hope...

Wow, that's great! Congrats :)

avolerman said:

congrats volerman. see you next month. hope the rest of you on the wl get in too.

well, this was competely unexpected, but i got the call from harvard yesterday! i can't believe it, i didn't think there was any chance of this happening! good luck, everyone!

sparky

Sparky Man said:
well, this was competely unexpected, but i got the call from harvard yesterday! i can't believe it, i didn't think there was any chance of this happening! good luck, everyone!

sparky

So does this mean you are dropping BU? I'm confused. Congrats though!

oocyte said:
So does this mean you are dropping BU? I'm confused. Congrats though!

so i declined a seat at wash u and will start at harvard this fall. i hope someone who really loves wash u gets the call!!!

EDIT: I am sooooo sorry. I didn't realize this thread was for BU. I read the title as, "How are all the waitlisters doing out there?" Please ignore my mistake!

-Sparky

Sparky Man said:
so i declined a seat at wash u and will start at harvard this fall. i hope someone who really loves wash u gets the call!!!

EDIT: I am sooooo sorry. I didn't realize this thread was for BU. I read the title as, "How are all the waitlisters doing out there?" Please ignore my mistake!

-Sparky

bump
Here's hoping to some news in july

ygreenst said:
bump
Here's hoping to some news in july

Hi guys,

I got off the waitlist on Friday. I was super excited to get the call...but I am going to have to decline the spot. I have too much invested in moving to my state school. So I am going to decline tomorrow (very sadly though...I really loved BU!). Hopefully, however, this will help one of you get off.

kwc1979 said:
Hi guys,

I got off the waitlist on Friday. I was super excited to get the call...but I am going to have to decline the spot. I have too much invested in moving to my state school. So I am going to decline tomorrow (very sadly though...I really loved BU!). Hopefully, however, this will help one of you get off.

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know. At least the list is actually moving so hopefully some of us will hear this week.

ygreenst said:
Hey,

Thanks for letting us know. At least the list is actually moving so hopefully some of us will hear this week.

So has anyone else heard anything or called the admissions office? Or are you guys thinking we should give up :(

oocyte said:
So has anyone else heard anything or called the admissions office? Or are you guys thinking we should give up :(

Any news this week?

you guys,

i know someone who was offered a spot on wednesday, so don't give up yet. it sounds like spots are opening up following withdrawals which, i'm pretty sure, is the case with all schools at this point. best of luck!

FYI....I was offered a spot 2 weeks before classes started last year (around Aug. 20)....apparently it was unusually late in the process to be accepted, but it can happen....good luck everyone :)

:luck: hey guys, as much as i liked BU, i withdrew my application today cause i got pulled off a wl i really wanted. i was actually in boston arranging for apts and everything and i got the call. i withdrew immediately and the office told me they would make the call to the other person either today or monday. so good luck. its a great school in an awesome city and im sure you'll all love it there. best of luck.

DoctorMohandes said:
:luck: hey guys, as much as i liked BU, i withdrew my application today cause i got pulled off a wl i really wanted. i was actually in boston arranging for apts and everything and i got the call. i withdrew immediately and the office told me they would make the call to the other person either today or monday. so good luck. its a great school in an awesome city and im sure you'll all love it there. best of luck.

Hey congrats! Where are you going? Thanks for the support everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

oocyte said:
Hey congrats! Where are you going? Thanks for the support everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

bump!

Anyone declining/accepting?