how are these peeps getting board certified in pain?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Discography? WTF...

Members don't see this ad.

We have to take a different approach. Hospitals, legislators, the AMA, many of the pain board certifying bodies—> all far too gone at this point to care about anything we have to say abt standard of care, appropriateness, patient safety. We’ve lost them all. We have to stop working with NPPs/hiring them/teaching them. Even the NPs and PAs bc i see procedure notes from them too, scope creep is everywhere. Start finding out which equipment companies are sending them to courses (hopefully not all of them!) and blacklist them. DO NOT BAIL THEM OUT BY AGREEING TO DO THEIR IMPLANTS etc. we have a clinic in the next state-we are at the border of an FPA state and non FPA state-thats full of “independent” CRNAs that have no idea what they are doing and they tend to want to send us their difficult patients they cant figure out (the ones they have started on fentanyl patches for fibro and cant get ‘em better OR they will do L5/S1 ILESI + b/l L5 Dorsal rami blocks for a unilateral L4 radic—yep i said that right. Then when insurance wont allow any more injections send them over to us 😡). NOPE. I nipped that in the bud by NOT agreeing to take over their inappropriate med regimens -whomever started the regimen has to taper it themselves- and I can see the patient once weaned or once they can again have procedures—> the appropriate ones procedures this time. My hands are tied otherwise. Cant even send them to the university program in my state bc all their patients are from the neighboring state. Unfortunately patients get hurt in the process but they are being hurt by the CRNAs’ current practices—things actually got better when they sensed that Im not here to be their liability sink or bail them out when they screw up. Also makes them think twice before going too far w/all the inappropriate interventions they do. I Make sure the PCPs are aware of the fact that that particular clinic is NPPs only...make the surgeons aware too bc anything goes wrong the courts will come looking for whoever the MD/DO is on the chart is—even if u dont work with them directly, all u have to do is touch the same patient and automatically u are sucked in. Its so sad. Has me seriously considering getting my JD and coming back and cleaning house. The day we find ways for these charlatans to actually get sued on their own w/o a real physician to hide behind is the day they *may* start thinking more abt all this FPA they fight for, citing they are “equal or better” than physicians...🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 6 users