How bad is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nxt20

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering what the chances are of me being accepted this cycle. As it stands, I am on 3 waitlists with no upcoming interviews and it seems like interviews are winding down. I'm preparing to reapply but was hoping to gauge my chances this cycle (generally). Is it likely or unlikely? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

3 waitlists indicates a strong likelihood of being accepted, but until you have an acceptance there is a chance that you will end up being a reapplicant. As such, it is in your best interest to map out your game plan if that happens.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone, I was wondering what the chances are of me being accepted this cycle. As it stands, I am on 3 waitlists with no upcoming interviews and it seems like interviews are winding down. I'm preparing to reapply but was hoping to gauge my chances this cycle (generally). Is it likely or unlikely? Thanks in advance.
Chances of being accepted are 100% on you. Your question is impossible to answer

Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools?

Prep for the worst, hope for the best! There's still a chance you'll get off one of those waitlists. Especially since its only February.

If this was a simple probability equation and we assumed that 1/3 to 1/2 of waitlisted candidates are eventually accepted, your chances would be good. Unfortunately it's not that simple. A poor interviewer does not have the same chance as a strong one. That being said, I applied to about 15 DO schools, got 2 interviews and one acceptance. I think that is a roughly average experience and I was a roughly average matriculant, stats-wise.

As the sage above posters mentioned, it's best practice to prepare to reapply until you get an acceptance.