How bad is my situation?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i will be a junior next fall at sonoma state university (CSU) i'm thinking about a career in a pharmacy ! Some people told me that the undergraduate affect your admission for pharmacy school is that true ?
Do i need to transfer to a UC ?! by going to CC and then transfer to UC !?

i have a lost of requirements for pharmacy school and i know two people attend from undergraduate last year a pharmacy school!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys i will be a junior next fall at sonoma state university (CSU) i'm thinking about a career in a pharmacy ! Some people told me that the undergraduate affect your admission for pharmacy school is that true ?
Do i need to transfer to a UC ?! by going to CC and then transfer to UC !?

i have a lost of requirements for pharmacy school and i know two people attend from undergraduate last year a pharmacy school!

No, no and no.

No, no and no.
Do you have a prove that pharmacy schools don't look at your undergraduate ?!
as now i have a 3.7 GPA.I can still at my undergraduate and get a higher GPA at my senior year. But a lot of people told me that pharmacy schools in CA doesn't required PCAT that's why they care about your undergraduate college more and where you come from!

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe it's much better to have 3.7 at your college than having 3.0 in Harvard when you apply to pharmacy school. They only consider it between applicants have similar gpa only. No matter which undergrad you're going to, try to get as many A's as you can, be really involved in extracurricular activities, leadership, volunteer you can get accepted to whatever school you want. Good luck

Reactions: 2 users
Do you have a prove that pharmacy schools don't look at your undergraduate ?!
as now i have a 3.7 GPA.I can still at my undergraduate and get a higher GPA at my senior year. But a lot of people told me that pharmacy schools in CA doesn't required PCAT that's why they care about your undergraduate college more and where you come from!

i believe it's much better to have 3.7 at your college than having 3.0 in Harvard when you apply to pharmacy school. They only consider it between applicants have similar gpa only. No matter which undergrad you're going to, try to get as many A's as you can, be really involved in extracurricular activities, leadership, volunteer you can get accepted to whatever school you want. Good luck

see PCOM_Pharmacy_2015's post above. GL :)

Thank you man i already check many pharmacy schools in CA and some people from my undergraduate sonoma state university have attend pharmacy school even my school is one of most easiest school to get a high GPA.
I think i will stay in my undergraduate. But can you give me some example of extracurricular activities

even my school is one of most easiest school to get a high GPA.

All I'm going to say is that you better hope pharmacy schools are not aware of that because if they are, they are not going to look at your 3.7 GPA in the same way that you'd look at a 3.7 GPA, or even a 3.3~3.4 GPA at a UC.