How can I improve my studying habits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Norkick13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really need to improve my study habit.. I know, if I want to I can but its really not working even though I want to.... It's my goal in winter break ...I am not a morning person at all but I want to make use of every minute I have...

Members don't see this ad.

I really need to improve my study habit.. I know, if I want to I can but its really not working even though I want to.... It's my goal in winter break ...I am not a morning person at all but I want to make use of every minute I have...

There are so many different resources for the question you asked.

Do some research on time management and different types of study styles.

As you...typed this....did you really....trail off every so often....

JK, but I'm in the same boat as you. I find it easier with a larger (but manageable) courseload to keep me focused, as opposed to a light courseload where I am more prone to the vices of procrastination.

Members don't see this ad :)
Always quality over quantity. If you get distracted easily, go to an isolated area (e.g. Starbucks or library) and take small breaks when needed. If, for example, your mind is on something else, take a bathroom break or something and think about it, then go back to work with a clear mind. And if your interests waver, reaffirm your goals. Keep the prize in mind.

It's hard to give advice if there's no specific problem that you have.

Just because it will likely apply to a lot of people on this forum, I'll post this one. If you're getting too distracted by things like SDN, Facebook, or Reddit when you have to study, then download the Cold Turkey program. Works like a charm for me.

(Read about it before you download it though)