How can someone be so irresponsible as to borrow $214,593 in student loans, only pay off $4,669, and

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is this unemployed pharmacist irresponsible?

• Total voters

Judgment Dragon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

See screenshot above.

How can someone be so irresponsible as to borrow $214,593 in student loans, only pay off $4,669, and let the principal amount balloon to $324,883?

This person has an AS in Biology from Fullerton College, a BS in Biology from the University of California, Irvine, and a Pharmacy Degree from University of Southern California.

She worked at CVS for 2 years and then got fired.

She has been unemployed since August 2015.

Her loan balance is probably $340k+ by now.

The second vote option should be "No."

Members don't see this ad.

I think a ton of the Cali students have over 200k.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's amazing is that she went to USC and only had $215,000K in student loans. Tuition + fees is currently 53,558 per year which adds up to 214,232k after 4 years. This total doesn't include accrued interest on non-subsidized federal loans and it doesn't include a single dollar for cost of living. Cost of living and interest would easily swell these loans to 375-400k at the time of graduation.

Why anyone would indebt themselves at these levels is beyond me.

Ppl don't get fired easily. She is probably incompetent.

Reactions: 1 user

How can someone be so irresponsible as to borrow $214,593 in student loans, only pay off $4,669, and let the principal amount balloon to $324,883?

Where do you get this information from? All you have posted is a picture and from the above numbers, she graduated with more than 215 k. There is no indication that she is a pharmacist or she got fired from CVS.

All she has to do is to work for the government or non-profit organization. It doesn't have to be pharmacy related and all of it will be forgiven. 30 hours a week for 10 years. Her debt becomes our debt LOL

Where do you get this information from? All you have posted is a picture and from the above numbers, she graduated with more than 215 k. There is no indication that she is a pharmacist or she got fired from CVS.

All she has to do is to work for the government or non-profit organization. It doesn't have to be pharmacy related and all of it will be forgiven. 30 hours a week for 10 years. Her debt becomes our debt LOL

I actually know this person in real life.

Yeah, true.

Whats the point of making this thread?

Why are you revealing someone else' personal situation on an internet forum?

I'm going to finish my medical degree, finish residency, do like, two fellowships, give up on medicine, and then join the FBI and work for 4 years. BOOM- loans forgiven. Gotta love PSLF.

Members don't see this ad :)

So you were on Reddit two months ago asking about this same thing. There is something fishy going on. Being a good friend is one thing, but why exactly are you this invested in it? She's an adult. She is the one who got into this mess. There are huge red flags with her. You never responded to multiple posters on Reddit when they asked you why she was fired. Why can't she find a job? I assume it is because she is unhireable. When a pharmacist is unhireable it has been my experience that more often than not it's substance abuse related.

Well..I'll answer the question you posed in the title...people to dumb **** everyday. If they continuing doing it and they are a good friend/family at some point you gotta back away or you'll keep getting sucked in deeper and deeper.

Nobody should loan a kid in their early 20s $200,000.

EDIT: OP you're shady as hell. You got arrested at school and got picked out of a police lineup? And I remember you posting on /r/pharmacy about placing a fake Craigslist add to gauge the job market. haha I also remember you got eatin' alive in that thread. Maybe you two deserve each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So you were on Reddit two months ago asking about this same thing. There is something fishy going on. Being a good friend is one thing, but why exactly are you this invested in it? She's an adult. She is the one who got into this mess. There are huge red flags with her. You never responded to multiple posters on Reddit when they asked you why she was fired. Why can't she find a job? I assume it is because she is unhireable. When a pharmacist is unhireable it has been my experience that more often than not it's substance abuse related.

Well..I'll answer the question you posed in the title...people to dumb **** everyday. If they continuing doing it and they are a good friend/family at some point you gotta back away or you'll keep getting sucked in deeper and deeper.

Nobody should loan a kid in their early 20s $200,000.

Judgment dragon is a faker. He doesn't know this person

EDIT: OP you're shady as hell. You got arrested at school and got picked out of a police lineup? And I remember you posting on /r/pharmacy about placing a fake Craigslist add to gauge the job market. haha I also remember you got eatin' alive in that thread. Maybe you two deserve each other.

lol what the hell

Reactions: 2 users
You guys do realize OP is just a troll right? I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been banned yet...

why is your screenshot blocked on my computer? Is it a virus jpg?

At any rate:

1) yes, the pharmacist involved *sounds* extremely irresponsible, but I'm sure there are a lot of details you are leaving out. (ie maybe she's been in a coma in a hospital since she was fired?)

2) it's absolutely none of your business.....unless you are the one she owes the $300,000 + to, in which case, it's your own fault for being stupid enough to loan out that much money to her.

Reactions: 1 user
Whats the point of making this thread?

Why are you revealing someone else' personal situation on an internet forum?

I am trying to figure that out as well :thinking::shrug: The OP seems very shady.