How CMGs such as USACS have taken over ACEP over the past 20 years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alpinism

Give Em' the Jet Fuel
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we often talk about the large amount of corruption within ACEP leadership and how its been negatively affecting our specialty.

Many people will throw around the statement that "ACEP is controlled by CMGs" however to my knowledge no one has yet to actually formally investigate the extent of the problem or even put together a list of the corporate executives that hold leadership positions.

The purpose of this post is to show how one CMG known as USACS has strategically placed its top executives in ACEP leadership with the express purpose of dictating how the college advocates for emergency physicians.

As of this date USACS has no less than 12+ current and former top executives in ACEP leadership positions. These executives include company founders, presidents, vice presidents, board of directors members, government affairs directors, legal risk directors, and provider education directors to name a few examples. These executives have held nearly every single ACEP leadership position that's currently available including the president, state presidents, board of directors members, government affairs committee members, legal committee members, finance committee members, and reimbursement committee members.

The full list of names can be viewed on the USACS leadership website.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So, nobody has commented on this so far.
Alpinism; you're one of my favorite contributors here.

I seriously propose that a public spectacle be made of the ACEP figureheads at the next ACEP meeting.
When they get on stage to address the auditorium; everyone stands up and turns their backs on them to indicate the tone.
Throw tomatoes at the stage.
Do something.

I'm great with the pen, but not the sword.
Someone can come up with a perfect idea here; one far better than mine.

Reactions: 1 user