How come all my "MCAT nightmares" are extremely good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student113

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haha I thought I would be dreaming about getting 15's and such, but I keep dreaming about getting really high scores.
No, not daydreaming.
And no, I'm not feeling that optimistic about the test.

Anyone else having these dreams?

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, I've had dreams as well. The first dream (which was a few days after taking the test) I scored a 10/6/6S. But the 2nd dream I had (this was a week or so after the first) I scored a 14/10/14, which was dead on my average.

As to why you are having great "nightmares" maybe you did really well and it's just your mind foreshadowing. :)

That still doesn't beat the post I read where someone dreamed they scored something like a 18-20-17. Now that's dreaming big when the person dreams they did so good, they went past the normal top score in each section.

That happened to me only once. Out of all the nightmares I had about the MCAT, one dream was that I scored better than my average. Every other night was about doing worse. I ended up scoring in line with my average.

Members don't see this ad :)
That still doesn't beat the post I read where someone dreamed they scored something like a 18-20-17. Now that's dreaming big when the person dreams they did so good, they went past the normal top score in each section.

Nice score :thumbup: :D

My MCAT dream/nightmare was that right after you completed the test, you went into the lobby where each medical school had a table and a list of who got accepted based on the MCAT you just took. I went by the Harvard table, UCLA table, etc... until I had went to the last table in line. I asked the lady manning the desk about my name and she said I had to go to the next room, because I had made it into some place like the Lone Pine State School of Plumbing. I started to panic thinking I had mis-bubbled and no one seemed to care. I think the last part with AAMC not caring was pretty realistic.

i dreamt i got a 42 lol. but during high school i always dreamed i got good SAT scores, and it was never as high as my dream : (