how did you do it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fattymangox03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've taken 4 practice mcats so far.. each with 19 (8Bio 5Phys 6Verb), 19 (8Bio 5Phys 6Verb), 20 (8Bio 6Phys 6Verb), 19 score (7Bio 6Phys 6Verb)..

i'm just not improving!! how did you improve your score?! any advice would be appreciated~

Members don't see this ad.

thoroughly review your exams and figure out why you made wrong answers--is it because you don't know the content (in sciences)? if so, take time to go back and look at the sections you're making mistakes on.

good luck!

From your practice tests it seems that you're PS and VR scores are what's bringing you down. Review all your PS concepts, especially the ones that you are weak on and keep doing verbal passages every other day. It doesn't need to be a full length verbal tests, just 2-3 passages every other day. On your off day, review your mistakes, see if you can make up a strategy and play around with it.

I understand what your saying, this totally happened to me when I took practice tests before the MCAT. The highest I could get was about 22, and I did worse then that on the real thing. Your Bio sections seem to be pretty consistent, but your verbal and physics sections seem to be varying. I think you should practice alot on the verbal section. The first time I took the MCAT I got a 6 in Verbal, but then I practiced like 2 hours a day with verbal passages and I got an 8 on the real thing. Also with Physics/chemistry you may have to go back and relearn some of it to get more confident in the answers you are picking. This time around I am going to relearn all of the Physics and chemistry as if I have never seen it before. It sucks starting from scratch, but it will be worth it when you get your score back. Good Luck!