How difficult is it to get a job in desirable locations such as California for neurologists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cb2215

Reaction score
Isn't there a limit for the concentration of neurologists in specific locations.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a follow up to this question. Once you find a job in a popular area and are offered to sign a contract, how much time do you have to sign it? I am in the middle of job searching, and I am not ready to commit to any particular hospital/group. Can you tell them you will hold off on signing until you hear back from other places? What is the best way to go about this?

I have a follow up to this question. Once you find a job in a popular area and are offered to sign a contract, how much time do you have to sign it? I am in the middle of job searching, and I am not ready to commit to any particular hospital/group. Can you tell them you will hold off on signing until you hear back from other places? What is the best way to go about this?

Yes, it is always ok (in fact encouraged) to evaluate multiple options/offers before you commit. Many recruiters may try to pressure you into signing as quickly as possible so they can get their bonus. Never succumb to that. Do what’s right for you. Take you sweet time. Let them earn their money (which can be up to 50k from what I hear).

Now the fact that your offer is from a desirable location makes things tricky. They may have the luxury of finding other candidates if you take too long to make your decision. However that’s a risk you may or may not be willing to take depending on your priorities

Reactions: 1 user