Veterinary How do I complete my FAFSA if I am on a waitlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was offered admission (which I accepted) at an out of state vet school, and also put on a waitlist for my in-state school. I am currently #1 on the list, and would go there if able, but I am getting nervous about getting financial aid squared away, and would like to get my FAFSA complete.

I understand you have to use school codes to complete, so how would I go about doing this?
- Should I complete the FAFSA with my accepted school? Can I complete a FAFSA for both schools?
- Can I just complete a general FAFSA without entering school codes?
- If I am offered admission to my in-state, will the FAFSA transfer or will I have to complete an entirely different FAFSA?

Sorry that ended up being a lot of questions, but I am very confused as to how this process would work.

This is my understanding, though it is not my area of expertise. Proceed with your FAFSA application. You must add at least one school. You can add up to 10 schools on one FAFSA form, whether they've admitted you or not. You should be able to look up the codes for each school online, or you can call the financial aid offices and ask for it. The school that accepted you should be able to offer further guidance and instruction. Or you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-4- FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). Take care that you know the application deadline for each school. Instructions for filling out the form can be found through Google.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.