How do we choose our screen names?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dropfoot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I often wonder how people come up with their screen names, so i thought that it would be fun to start this thread. I also understand that some screen name stories can give up identities so be careful.

My Dad claims that he has a condition called dropfoot, so to emphasize his point, he over-exagerates the clomping of his left foot when he walks. I don't know if this condition is within the scope of podiatry, but i laugh my ***** off everytime he stresses this condition.

Hence, the legend of man named Dropfoot was born.:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was built out of two Japanese phrases, "Ronin" (ろにん) and "Ishya" (医者). The latter of the two means doctor, the former refers to a Japanese phenomenon of spending a year after either not getting accepted into university or failing to see one's life plans after a certain level of education (such as after college).

I'd say it fits my situation pretty well. I went from thinking medicine in general to podiatry....took all the coursework, completed my MCAT, even filled out my applications, and then...never submitted them. I was instead offered a career a simply could not say 'no' to, and will be taking a few years (or more) before attempting this path again. That unfortunately means I will have to retake the MCAT since they will expire by then though :(

Mine was built out of two Japanese phrases, "Ronin" (ろにん) and "Ishya" (医者). The latter of the two means doctor, the former refers to a Japanese phenomenon of spending a year after either not getting accepted into university or failing to see one's life plans after a certain level of education (such as after college).

I'd say it fits my situation pretty well. I went from thinking medicine in general to podiatry....took all the coursework, completed my MCAT, even filled out my applications, and then...never submitted them. I was instead offered a career a simply could not say 'no' to, and will be taking a few years (or more) before attempting this path again. That unfortunately means I will have to retake the MCAT since they will expire by then though :(

I would be willing to bet that no story beats this one roninishya.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
my name comes from the greatest golden retriever/dog in a lead role/animal playing basketball movie ever. EVER.

beat that.

Last edited:
damhsoir- dancer in Irish. I thought it was fitting because I wouldn't have been interested in podiatry if Irish dance didn't ruin my feet! :mad:

I am a savant (wise person) in that I own a sig sauer

My name is the gamer-tag, screen name I made up when I started playing Star Wars Battle Front II online (one of the only computer FPSs I've every played).

So, I continue to use the name :thumbup:

Mine is my last name and the two numbers I used during athletics. Pretty boring a guess. I assume someone saw that coming.

Mine is my last name and the two numbers I used during athletics. Pretty boring a guess. I assume someone saw that coming.

I would have done that too, but my initials and football number is the password to everything that is sacred to me.

I eat a lot of raisins, it rubbed off on my roomates and they've begun to eat more raisins this semester because of my influence.

So, when I was creating this profile, I was eating raisins, hence my SN.

"binh" is my real name, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

just wanted to bump this one up

tmoney420= i love money, there is a T in my name, and i absolutely love pot. i forget what happened tho, either tmoney420 was taken, or i was stoned and forgot the 420 part when i signed up. :luck: (i imagine that being a pot leaf)

tmoney420= i love money, there is a T in my name, and i absolutely love pot. i forget what happened tho, either tmoney420 was taken, or i was stoned and forgot the 420 part when i signed up. :luck: (i imagine that being a pot leaf)

Outstanding :thumbup::luck:

My Dad claims that he has a condition called dropfoot, so to emphasize his point, he over-exagerates the clomping of his left foot when he walks. I don't know if this condition is within the scope of podiatry, but i laugh my ***** off everytime he stresses this condition.

Hence, the legend of man named Dropfoot was born.:idea:

Foot drop, drop foot is indeed a real condition. People usually develop it s/p cva, or during lower back surgery sometimes the L5 nerve is damaged resulting in foot drop. That's all I can really tell you about it though -- you can always do some research :)

But anyhow, they do make braces (AFOs) for foot drop and they are now using devices such as the Walkaide and BioNess that use FES (Functional Electronic Stimulation) to "pick up" the foot.

Foot drop, drop foot is indeed a real condition. People usually develop it s/p cva, or during lower back surgery sometimes the L5 nerve is damaged resulting in foot drop. That's all I can really tell you about it though -- you can always do some research :)

But anyhow, they do make braces (AFOs) for foot drop and they are now using devices such as the Walkaide and BioNess that use FES (Functional Electronic Stimulation) to "pick up" the foot.

whoa whoa whoa...way to technical for this thread...

You are correct; my dad just had surgery to clean up a blown disk between L4 and L5. I hope that it is muscle imbalance and not nerve damage. If it is a muscle imbalance, it can easily be corrected through PT, but i don't think that there is a whole lot that you can do for nerve damage.