how do you decide to apply early admission? pros/cons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigress

queen of the jungle
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm considering applying early admission to Drexel. I know I love the school because my husband goes there and I'm there all the time. After taking the MCAT yesterday I'm fairly sure my score won't be high enough to get into somewhere like Penn. I probably have to stay in Philadelphia (unless somebody is going to let my husband transfer in his third year).

So who has opinions on applying early admission? I can think of lots of good reasons to do it, but a few reasons not to as well. I wouldn't have the stress of the entire year's cycle of interviewing and such, assuming I got in (which of course I can't assume). My husband worries that I'll always wonder "what if I could have gotten in somewhere else?" I'm not sure I will, but my biggest problem with Drexel is its reputation. If it had a better rep I would be almost certain to choose to go there. My stats certainly aren't bad, and I don't know the MCAT score yet but it will be below what I had hoped for (still perhaps acceptable).

I guess the question is should I apply to a bunch of different schools hoping to get in somewhere I might like better than Drexel, or somewhere that had such a good reputation that I would go there rather than a school I know I like a lot? Or should I just apply early decision? I know this is a personal question, but I thought some people on the board might have experience or opinions regarding early admission aps.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.