How do you finish strong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Spring semester ends in 1 month and I am getting lazy, especially for my writing classes. I can study for chem & bio easily but all these writings assignments are getting me tired. Anyways, I know I'll get through it but was wondering, how do you guys finish strong when you feel so tired and done with the semester.

Members don't see this ad.

I struggled with this so much during my last fall quarter before I graduated and every class took a toll on me and beat me down. What I would do is work on the writing material first and just hammer it, find some way to interest yourself in it, and if you need clarification jam yourself in the professor's office hours and start discussing. Find what motivates you, keep telling yourself you've done more difficult, look at the products of what success may hold, and don't stop. don't give up dont get discouraged. keep pushing. Also, once you get that writing stuff done (my least favorite stuff) the difficulty goes downhill, so keep that in mind.

The title of this thread is very suggestive of something else. I came in hopeful, but after reading the OP, I'm going to pull out.

Reactions: 1 user
I finding yelling "lelelelelele" gears me up for anything.

Besides that, I think it's impossible to always feel motivated, so the trick is to perform even when you don't feel up to it. I won't get all high and mighty, I think it happens to the best of us.

In your case try:
- splitting up the work days a bit more.
- remember that while the courses are way easier than your BCPM, they show how well you can jump through hoops, this is important.
- finishing the stuff you don't care about first, or starting the assignments very early so you can tend to them as the motivation comes along.
- remember that while your science GPA is crucial, "easy classes" hurt your overall GPA, so you don't want to be in the "damn I should of just tried harder on that stupid class" situation.

Even though I was accepted, applications wouldn't been been so terrifying if I had tried on my fluff courses, or at least bought the book =).