How do you go about self-analyzing using the aamc tests??? Plz help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just took aamc 4 and I wanted to know what is the proper way to do self-analysis after you take an aamc test to get the most out of it? I wanted to make sure I am analyzing my errors properly and doing the appropriate review/practice regarding my weak areas before I take the next one.

Please help, I really need advice. (b/c I want to know how some ppl say they saw improvement in their aamc tests after they properly self-analyzed each test)

Also, my test is Oct 25, so I want to really prepare/study smart using these tests before the real thing.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Review the question and write down WHY the correct answer is the correct answer as stated by the exam solution. Also, keep a tab of the subject area and specific subset of each subject to see if you have weaknesses in specific content areas. You are so close to the exam though that I would just do practice exams and not bother doing general content review, good luck!

1. Make a list of questions you didn't understand AND those you missed. (Or use the test itself as your list if it automatically does this.)
2. Either go through the answer key on your own and/or with a tutor.
3.* If you're mind is capable of storing this information, no need to take notes. If not, take notes.

*(I provide #3 since there is a disparity I think tutors and students should be aware of: Some people need to write stuff down at this stage, some don't and may be insulted if you ask them to - they'll think you're implying that their dumb; Some students prefer a very concise answer and will ask if they need more information - and get annoyed with "ramblers," other students are more comfortable with a slower pace and longer discussion. Different people have different styles. I usually ask new students whether they prefer more concise or longer answers and if they need to take notes or prefer to store things upstairs - and to stop me if I'm too fast/too slow.)

Last edited: