how do you reject schools after may 15th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterbottle10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So how do they know what you have? I know 5/15 is the deadline but do they automatically check? And how do you reject schools? write to tehm directly or is there a website like amcas or something that lets you reject?

Members don't see this ad.

So how do they know what you have? I know 5/15 is the deadline but do they automatically check? And how do you reject schools? write to tehm directly or is there a website like amcas or something that lets you reject?

Schools know your acceptances through amcas. Im pretty sure they have to check for this on their own, rather than being an automatic thing. I guess they are technically allowed to just take away an acceptance if you hold multiple past the deadline...but they will usually notify you first and give you an ultimatum. So stay on top of your email/phone messages.

To withdraw, just email the admissions office with a quick two sentences about "thank you and please withdraw my place in the class". That's it.

Let them know it was a difficult decision due to the unprecedented amount of school offers, and that your decision is of no negative indication of their status as a school, and that you wish them the best. :sarcasm:

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent schools an email prior to the 15th. One school said that they will check and withdraw their acceptance automatically if you're holding more than one. Others haven't said that but they may ask you to choose. I decided to be safe and just do it, especially since my financial aid had been complete on the 12th, so there was no real reason to wait any longer (and my indecision wasn't really leading me to analyze anything new, so I just picked one).

Let them know it was a difficult decision due to the unprecedented amount of school offers, and that your decision is of no negative indication of their status as a school, and that you wish them the best. :sarcasm:

lol :thumbup:

:laugh: Well done