How does my 8 week study plan look? (roughly) And which resources to use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentp0x

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken all pre-reqs and other 2nd and 3rd year science courses, got a bit of verbal practice under my belt (hit some passages with 1 mistake per passage, but still get ones with 2-3 mistakes).

I have all the resources... and I am open to suggestions.

Physics: BR + EK 1001 (+ passages from TPR?)
Chem: BR + EK 1001 + extra passages?
Ochem: ??
Bio: EK
Verbal: EK, EK 101, TPR

Week 1-4

Blast content review 6-12 hours a day. Finish most or all of BR physics/chem, some of EK bio. Finish EK verbal in week 1 and do several passages from TPR. Then get into ek 101 and continue TPR slowly.
Not sure about which resource to use for Ochem?

1001 I'd do here and there randomly.

Week 5-6

Finish all content review and do random 1001 questions.
Extra passages from TPR and EK?
Do half the AAMC practice tests... up to 7.

Week 7-8

Do aamc 8-11 3 days or so apart each.
Go over any memorization stuff and content review
Extra passages
Random 1001 questions

Members don't see this ad.

-The only problem is the week 1-4. It will not work. Too much content, too much dedication, so little time.
-You can't study for 6-12 hours, that's just lying to yourself. Any brain can not comprehend 6-12 hours of information. How you are making it sound, you would be just skimming the content.
-You would have to finish 2-3 chapters a day. Each TBR chapter has 50+ questions there is no need for the ek1001 for now. Again, your brains will not handle it. Do the EK1001 in weeks 5-6.
-Verbal should be done everyday.

This is coming from experience. I finished all TBR+EK books and I can tell you, they take time to fully understand. I suggest you add another month or better yet two more month. That would help you out tremendously. The formula is, 1/3 content review + 2/3 practice questions.

Hope I helped and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
-The only problem is the week 1-4. It will not work. Too much content, too much dedication, so little time.
-You can't study for 6-12 hours, that's just lying to yourself. Any brain can not comprehend 6-12 hours of information. How you are making it sound, you would be just skimming the content.
-You would have to finish 2-3 chapters a day. Each TBR chapter has 50+ questions there is no need for the ek1001 for now. Again, your brains will not handle it. Do the EK1001 in weeks 5-6.
-Verbal should be done everyday.

This is coming from experience. I finished all TBR+EK books and I can tell you, they take time to fully understand. I suggest you add another month or better yet two more month. That would help you out tremendously. The formula is, 1/3 content review + 2/3 practice questions.

Hope I helped and good luck!
Well I'm scheduled for June 21st and I'm applying this cycle... have other summer plans too. (and there's no testing spots even open till like september... in my area anyway)

I forgot to mention that my content knowledge is strong in bio, decent in orgo and chem, and relatively weak in physics (but I have seen everything before! so nothing is new). How would you readjust this to better suit my strengths and weaknesses?
I personally think 6 hours I can definitely do... and on some days I'll hit more hours.

Don't worry about orgo because of what I know, orgo isn't' that big on the MCAT. It might change during the 2015 MCAT. Put your effort towards Chem and Physics because those are the tough ones. Bio is easy and what they are asking from you is very broad understanding...you should be fine there.

Your scheduled should be fine. The more practice the better.

Stop wasting your time on SDN and start studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry about orgo because of what I know, orgo isn't' that big on the MCAT. It might change during the 2015 MCAT. Put your effort towards Chem and Physics because those are the tough ones. Bio is easy and what they are asking from you is very broad understanding...you should be fine there.

Your scheduled should be fine. The more practice the better.

Stop wasting your time on SDN and start studying.
Thanks. what's the minimum amount of verbal to do everyday?

Thanks. what's the minimum amount of verbal to do everyday?
I usually go for 5 a day. It depend on how good you are at verbal and how much content you have. Do enough so you are learning how they ask the questions but don't overdo it. I used to get 3-4 wrong (I'm a foreigner, it's an excuse) on each passage and now I significantly improved to 1 maybe max 2 per passage.