How does one get an associateship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swenis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker here. After really considering what it important to me in the health field, I believe I have come to partial terms with the fact that most MDs work too many off-the-wall hours, and it seems too stressful of an environment for me. That being said, I have recently been considering dentistry because I can help people, but I can also work manageable hours and have a nice salary. To cut to the chase, I know dentists can't afford to start a business right after school so how does he/she get into an associateship and, I know it's been asked, but what is the average salary?

Members don't see this ad.

the ADA publishes something called "associateships:a guide for owners and prospective associates"...is is part of the practice management series...

very helpful and basically walks you thru everything.

:)

Why not? I know quite lot people start their Clinic right out of school.........

Only 5 or 6 of my classmate went into GPR/AGED and 10 other more into speclity and the rest went stright right into work with many open their office within the first 6 month after they graduate. None of them seems to have problem.