How early for Christiana, etc. rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hard24Get

The black sleepymed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many months in advance people typically have to apply to land sweet undergrad rotations like Christiana Care? It seems like the free housing/EMS/Ultrasound offered by programs such as this would be snatched up pretty quick, no? I tried doing a search but only found people raving about how great certain rotations were...

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I booked my August rotation there as a student like four months in advance. I would guess if you reserve a spot by March-April you should be fine. I wouldn't even try to schedule anything before the match - they will probably be very busy...

i booked my sept rotation in feb/march. it indeed is a great place!! good luck and have fun. awesome program

Members don't see this ad :)
i emailed laurie around march for my august spot. i'd say the sooner the better, at worst they'll tell you to apply later on. some places have involved apps that want $$, letters, essays, etc. some dont look at taking students for rotations until later (may/june). christiana was really easy to get things setup with, and the rotation itself was great.
good luck

Great, thanks to all - I'm looking forward to it! :D

We frequently have medical student spots even in the tough early fall months due to last minute cancellations. If you are interested in coming up to see us, just give the Medical Student Coordinator an e-mail or call.

We love to get med students from across the country and our current residents are probably one of the most diverse groups in the county (by medical school location).

I have nothing but great things to say about Christiana. I am interviewing for jobs now and I am really appreciating the connections you get from going to a program that has been around for >25 years.

PM me with any questions.

Pelivar