How easy is it to pick up PRN shifts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustPass

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall,
I'll be working as a nocturnist starting next year.
I have a set number of shifts I need to work per month as anyone else.
I was wondering how easy it is to pick up PRN shifts throughout the year.
I don't want to overwork but I'd like to work some more than what I signed up for to make more money.

The hospital isn't large but also not small. A few hospitals within the network also that are drive distance away.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey yall,
I'll be working as a nocturnist starting next year.
I have a set number of shifts I need to work per month as anyone else.
I was wondering how easy it is to pick up PRN shifts throughout the year.
I don't want to overwork but I'd like to work some more than what I signed up for to make more money.

The hospital isn't large but also not small. A few hospitals within the network also that are drive distance away.
If you're in a reasonably large hospital system, and if you're Willing to work Day shifts and swing shifts, Then you should have no problem finding extra shifts. Make it known to your group, and you'll become very popular!

If you're in a reasonably large hospital system, and if you're Willing to work Day shifts and swing shifts, Then you should have no problem finding extra shifts. Make it known to your group, and you'll become very popular!
Thank you. I hope there enough shifts to go around.
Definitely not wanting any day shifts though unless it's just admission only.

Reactions: 1 user
I think this is very dependent on your job itself, speak to some of the doctors who already work there