How fast do MCAT sign up dates fill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radioactive15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How fast do they fill up in a given test center? (Or does it depend on location usually?)

I am aiming for a September test date, but don't want to sign up before I am certain that I am ready.
Would signing up in August be too late for a September date or do you think there should be available spots then?

Members don't see this ad.

It absolutely depends on location but August is almost certainly too late to sign up especially if you live anywhere with a high population or a lot of college students.

I registered for a seat in my college's city (just last week for an August MCAT) and 30 minutes later my roommate tried to register and she told me all the seats on the day I had signed up were already gone. She ended up registering at the same location but one day after me. I registered about thirty minutes following the opening of registration.

They go very quickly. If you know that you are going to study for all of the time leading up to September and have already taken all the testable courses then register ASAP and work very hard to get prepared by that date. If you still don't feel prepared when the test date comes around then just cancel your seat and keep preparing. Registering earlier (Gold + Silver zone) ensures that you do not pay as much for rescheduling or canceling your test dats as well.

It is better to be out 300$ than be out of a seat or write a shoddy MCAT.

Best to assume they fill up very quickly. Sign up for the thing and let that motivate your studies. Having a hard date as a goal helps motivate you a lot.