how high should we be ranked

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arrow80

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the match. I heard that if the program having 8 seats for the residency ranks you in the first 24 of their rank order list than you have a good chance to be ranked. Is it true and if not then what number do you think has a good chance.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question regarding the match. I heard that if the program having 8 seats for the residency ranks you in the first 24 of their rank order list than you have a good chance to be ranked. Is it true and if not then what number do you think has a good chance.

I've heard it goes much lower than 24...but it depends on the year. I think this year might be down for FM (not fact, just observation).

I've heard it goes much lower than 24...but it depends on the year. I think this year might be down for FM (not fact, just observation).
Lower in the sense 18 or towards 30.

Members don't see this ad :)
A program director told me that they have to rank 10 people for every 1 spot they want to fill. thats all i know about the process.

Depends on the program...average across the board is anywhere from 10-20 need to be ranked for every spot.

This is at least the third thread you've started asking what your chances of matching into your top choice are. I know you desperately want your top choice, but Match Day is not that far away. Please take some deep breaths and chill out. We'll know soon enough.