How important is patient contact during clinical volunteering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kk123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I thought this was going to start sounding like the other thread, glad it hasn't. In the words of @LizzyM "If you are close enough to smell patients then it is a clinical experience."

It's a bit of a shame that you can't get more clinical experience in your volunteer position. Have you asked if you could possibly help out in a way that would? There's no harm in asking.

That aside, you'll definitely need shadowing regardless. There's some additional clinical experience!

Hopefully you can manage to get some more in one way or another.

In short, assuming you're doing more than just filing papers at the hospital, you should be okay.

lol! I clicked on that other thread thinking it would be helpful to my situation....not at all! That's why I started this thread.

I have not asked if I can help out in an area of the different from the one I'm in now (this was the only area they had available when I started). I'm not just filing papers, thankfully. I should probably ask though. I just don't want to do it seeming like I'm unhappy with the area I'm in.