How late am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyJubilee8_18

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone on here is talking about secondaries and I just sent my first app! I got everything to AMCAS on June 30th and everything to TMDSAS yesterday. I have not even been processed for either system. Am I really REALLY late or something? How long do they really take to process your app and send it out? They told me 6 weeks, but they also told me it would take 5 days to verify my transcripts, but it only took one. Is there ANYONE else out there who just submitted or am I a horrible procrastinator?

Members don't see this ad.

calm down...you are not late at all! people just started receiving secondaries from couple of schools. it will take us awhile to complete it but then we all have to worry about getting our LORs in. dont you worry about submitting your AMCAs on june 30. you are still way ahead of the pack.

My application just reached the "ready for review" stage today, when my last transcript arrived. I, too, have been a little bit worried, but we're certainly not LATE. We just may not be in the really early crowd. I think if I could be verified by July 16th or so it would be great, and that I won't have disadvantaged myself significantly.

There are mixed messages on this site concerning the date on which AMCAS is releasing data to schools. The schools sending secondaries now MAY be working with preliminary data, and not with the verified application. Some are saying verified applications were released to schools a couple of days ago, and some are saying it will be on the 15th. If it's the latter, I'd say you're in great shape; if it's the former, I'd say you're still certainly not poorly off.

Anybody have facts to replace my observations/speculations? They'd be much appreciated :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
pancarre12 said:
My application just reached the "ready for review" stage today, when my last transcript arrived. I, too, have been a little bit worried, but we're certainly not LATE. We just may not be in the really early crowd. I think if I could be verified by July 16th or so it would be great, and that I won't have disadvantaged myself significantly.

There are mixed messages on this site concerning the date on which AMCAS is releasing data to schools. The schools sending secondaries now MAY be working with preliminary data, and not with the verified application. Some are saying verified applications were released to schools a couple of days ago, and some are saying it will be on the 15th. If it's the latter, I'd say you're in great shape; if it's the former, I'd say you're still certainly not poorly off.

Anybody have facts to replace my observations/speculations? They'd be much appreciated :thumbup:

Schools received AMCAS data on July 6th, but weren't able to start working with the data until yesterday. As proof, I got an email from Miami today requesting that I fill out a form so that they can start processing my AMCAS.

Don't worry about being late! You're certainly not going to be on top of the file, but I hear that "late" is generally reserved for the August MCATers. If you're filling out secondaries before the end of July, you'll be an early bird (or so I hear)!

SitraAchra said:
phew when i read the title i thought you got knocked up!

:smuggrin: :love:

Heh

No you're not late, I got my AMCAS in around this time in July and I was definitely early. I got my first interview invitation at the end of September.