How late is "applying late"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mahurkar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around this website for people who have asked this question before but I can't seem to find anything..

I'm a little preoccupied with the fact that I might be getting my last LoR by Friday 30th of August. We all know that application season starts next monday (September 2nd) so my LoR wouldn't be updated in the system until almost 2 weeks later...

So, what do you guys think? Would it hurt my application if I waited a week or two to apply? Or should I just apply "immediately" with 2 Urology LoRs and 1 LoR from General Surgery?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

apply ASAP. a lot of people have issues with LORs not being in on time. I'm pretty sure I had interview offers before all of my LORs were in.

Oh nice! So correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is that you can add more LoRs later on to the programs you have already applied to? (given you still have one or two LoR slots left for that particular program).

I thought once you applied to a program and all of your documents were sent to them, MyERAS wouldn't allow you to add anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, I can't thank you enough for your advice!

Now, just one more Q for you. As I was completing my AUA application there's a part that says "USMLE score" and it gives you several options: Step1, 2cs, 2ck, 3 or none. I'm quite unsure as to what this really means. Is it the maximum usmle we've taken so far? Or is it asking for the usmle score you want to show to programs?

May be kind of a rhetoric/dumb question I know, but man I don't want to ruin everything with a simple mistake..

can you not enter more than one? I'd just give them Step 1, it's the one everyone cares about anyway.

they'll get your USMLE transcript either way.

Awesome, I can't thank you enough for your advice!

Now, just one more Q for you. As I was completing my AUA application there's a part that says "USMLE score" and it gives you several options: Step1, 2cs, 2ck, 3 or none. I'm quite unsure as to what this really means. Is it the maximum usmle we've taken so far? Or is it asking for the usmle score you want to show to programs?

May be kind of a rhetoric/dumb question I know, but man I don't want to ruin everything with a simple mistake..

I had the same problem. It says USMLE score, then there is a drop down menu saying either step1, 2cs, etc, but there is no field to actually input your score.

That's right. Well, anyway I chose step 2 ck just b/c that's the last test result I have. Besides, just like armybound said, they're still going to have all of our usmle transcripts anyway.. weird stuff.