How late to submit is okay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mstpgrind

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve seen so many posts about how important it is to submit on the first day AMCAS opens, and that a late application can tank a cycle.

I submitted my app on 6/15, more than 2 weeks after AMCAS opened, which means I won’t be in the first wave of application transmissions… how screwed am I??

Members don't see this ad.

Game over. Go directly to jail, do not cross GO.

Jokes aside: you’re fine…. Relax man. You don’t need to be in the first batch.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

I’ve seen so many posts about how important it is to submit on the first day AMCAS opens, and that a late application can tank a cycle.

I submitted my app on 6/15, more than 2 weeks after AMCAS opened, which means I won’t be in the first wave of application transmissions… how screwed am I??
You're fine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll probably just start getting your secondaries a couple weeks later than the first batch. That doesn't mean you can't still prewrite and turn them around quickly. I think it's more important that you have secondaries done by the end of August, and you'll be able to do that just fine.

I applied in Sept and was fine. While I don’t recommend that approach I’m sharing it so you’ll chill.

Not everyone HAS to be super early. There are some individual factors (red/yellow flags) that make your success more likely if you’re “first”, but for many the added stress isn’t worth it.

Kudos to you for taking the additional time to make your app the best it could be!