How long are army deployments??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnniesK9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given the current environment, how long are army deployments?? Can someone layout the various scenarios possible?? (i.e. when a deployment could be extended, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

I am inquiring about army dentists.

Use the search function. You'll find lots on this topic.

I've heard that it can vary, based on assignment. It seems to me that they are typically 6 months, but can also be from 12-15 months.

Members don't see this ad :)
6-9 months last time I checked the SDN threads. Unless we get down and dirty with another country... or unless you're assigned to a brigade.

Brigades are now down to 9 months. If you are not assigned to a brigade it is usually only 6 - may become less, but haven't seen anything official yet on that.

Brigades are now down to 9 months. If you are not assigned to a brigade it is usually only 6 - may become less, but haven't seen anything official yet on that.

A brigade would be a unit that is deployable??

A brigade is when you are assigned to a 'non-dental' unit such as an infantry unit to be their dentist.

What are advantages and disadvantages to joining a brigade or TDA? What would you advise if you have done both.