How long can we wait to accept admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YeastyMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I cannot find the answer to this question after googling and searching the forum.
I would love podiatry students to chime in on this one.

Q: Assuming that you get accepted into a podiatry school. Does the acceptance become expired after a certain period of time (like you only have 1 month to accept the school after acceptance is given.)?
I would imagine that they place a time limit on this, so could anyone point me to a reliable source for the answer to my question?

I am asking this because I will be applying to osteopathic schools and the acceptance for these schools come a lot a lot later than that of podiatry schools.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools will give you 4-6 weeks to accept or decline your spot. When you accept a spot, you have to pay a seat deposit, which is usually about $1000. If your osteopathic schools will be replying much later, then you can reserve your seat for the time being. You'll lose $1000 if you end up going DO but that's chump change in the long run.

If you truly 'had' an acceptance from any of the POD schools I am sure they specified ALL the requirement to securing the acceptance to you... As josebiwasabi stated it is " chump change" the $1K deposit in the long run if obtaining DO school acceptances..Please read or call the POD school administration office to obtain the exact info...

Members don't see this ad :)
Usually (if I'm remembering correctly) they specify how long you have in the acceptance letter. I think it's usually a few weeks, but sometimes they can extend that if you ask specifically.

I've had to ask because when you are in school or taking classes, you can't always schedule your interviews that closely together. I did 5 of mine within the span of a month, so I ended up getting an acceptance with the deadline 1 day after my last interview. Just be honest; they understand and won't hold it against you.