How long did your board review process take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted760483

Just curious how long it took for people's state licensing boards to review their application. I sent in the last of my documentation last week and as of Tuesday I noticed my status on the online licensing application portal has changed from "pending" to "board exec review." Just wondering how long it may take from this point to get that sweet, sweet license number.

Members don't see this ad.

too long.
I dont know what state you're in, but the psych boards, in my interaction with a handful seem to be relatively uniform in their inability to work in a timely manner. 2 months? 6 months? a year? Who knows.

Honestly, this is why reciprocity is, in my book, a big deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
It greatly varies by state, at least in regard to submitting "all of your documentation" and getting notification of licensure. In my first state I had to re-send materials multiple times and then the ONE reviewer (who signs off that the paperwork was complete and ready for review by the board) was out of the office 2-3 wks…so that just added time. Once it was sent to the board, I think it was cleared within a week or two. In my second state the paperwork was pretty painless, but having to schedule the oral ethics examination delays it weeks, which included me driving to a different part of the state to complete the examination. Since then I've seen a handful of my fellows get delays 2+ months waiting for a slot to open up. Gotta love the licensure process for psychology.

Thanks all. It's a really low volume state so hopefully that helps. I've accepted a new job that is contingent upon licensure and I had to move to take it so I'm just kind of in limbo right now.