How long does it take to review a FL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raavenclaw

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm checking my first FL right now (508 127/126/127/128) and the chem/phys section took me about 3.5 hours to review. I'm reading the passages slowly, taking notes if the passage is particularly dense or if I struggled to understand it. I'm reviewing all the answer choices for every question, whether I got the question right or wrong. I'm also making a list of topics I need to review. Is that overkill? How long did it take you guys to review your FL's? Did you do it all at once or split it up, maybe one section per day for four days? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I also spent quite a bit of time reviewing my FLs, but I wouldn't say 3.5 hours/ section. If you have time and feel it helps, then by all means, continue! But if you are pressed for time, you should see whether or not it's worth spending all that time reviewing. I'd usually finish looking over an entire exam in about 4 hours.

Also, something I learned is to write down topics I'm not sure of while taking the exam. I also wrote down the question number if I wasn't 100% certain of my answer choice. Doing this allowed me to see exactly which questions I should focus on when reviewing. If I got a question right and knew I got it right, then I really wouldn't do more than glance at it, make sure I still understand it, and move on. If I got a question right but had the number written down because I wasn't 100% sure, I'd look over it to make sure I understood why it was right. This method also allowed me to see which questions I got wrong that I was certain I got wrong ( the worst type of mistake to make). Generally, it was because I didn't pay attention to something. This allowed me to catch any stupid mistakes I made, making sure I won't make them on the real exam.

Reactions: 1 user