How many applicants apply to IDP each year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stussyhk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the number of applicants applying to IDPs (in the US) each year?
and how many spaces are available for US dental schools that have IDPs?

What would you say is the acceptance rate for a foreign-trained dentist to get into an IDP in the US? Somewhere around 20-30%?

Also, will it be an advantage if the applicant is already a US citizen and have lived in the US for a long time?

Members don't see this ad.

well, Person from NYU admission office told me that they receive about 1600 application till dead line..:eek:
So you can imagine....:rolleyes:

well, Person from NYU admission office told me that they receive about 1600 application till dead line..:eek:
So you can imagine....:rolleyes:
are you sure about that? :eek:
that's the number of applicants applying for the DDS program, not the number of applicants applying for IDP right??

i don't quite believe the number of foreign-trained dentists immigrating to the US would be that big...

are you sure about that? :eek:
that's the number of applicants applying for the DDS program, not the number of applicants applying for IDP right??

i don't quite believe the number of foreign-trained dentists immigrating to the US would be that big...

At upenn we were told that there were 750 applications for the 20 seats they offer..........so you can imagine. many people dont even apply to upenn because of the small class size. out of my batch in india there are 5 students here in US so do the math..............:thumbup: ...................and the number increases every year