How many credits for post bacc is enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inscryption

Reaction score
Due to immaturity and various other reasons that was completely my fault I had graduated with a cgpa of 2.33 after 130+ credits. I am looking at the DIY post bacc options after reading the reinvention guide and was wondering how many credits will make a meaningful impact on my app. My main concern being that credit wise, I will require an obscene amount to even reach the 3.0 mark.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Probably the equivalent of 2 years full time which would be 60 credits. That would give you enough credits to prove that you are a much improved student. You will not reach a 3.0 but your sGPA could be over 3.0 .

Equally important is making sure you are doing these credits in big chunks. 18 credits over two semesters is very different from 18 credits in one semester. You need to prove you can handle high workloads and pass classes. Not just pass classes.

Reactions: 1 users
Equally important is making sure you are doing these credits in big chunks. 18 credits over two semesters is very different from 18 credits in one semester. You need to prove you can handle high workloads and pass classes. Not just pass classes.
Will working full time while taking a lighter load be ok?